This section provides professionals with information on how to make a Safeguarding Referral or make a Request for Early Help.
You can also access a range of information including procedures and assessment tools from the links on the left hand side of this page.
Making a Safeguarding Referral
If you are a professional and want to make a safeguarding referral please use the Children’s Services Safeguarding referral form. The Threshold Guidance updated in September 2020, will also be a useful reference tool to help you.
Please email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW! Making a Request for Early Help
Countywide Roll Out – Monday 2 March 2020
If you are a professional wanting to support County Durham’s children, young people and families with early help the current process for accessing early help via the Children’s Service Referral Form is now REPLACED by the following:
1.Obtain agreement with the family for their information to be discussed and shared with relevant agencies in order that appropriate support can be offered and provided (see Aide Memoir below);
2. Complete the new on-line Early Help Request Form at the following link: https://doitonline.durham.gov.uk/service/Early_Help_Referral
- Select ‘Services’
- Type in ‘Early Help’ in Keyword Search to take you to the Early Help Form.
There will be the facility for you to create an account (see below instructing how to create an account) which will allow you to save and return to an incomplete Early Help Form before submitting should you require this.
By creating an account, you will also be able to:
- view the progress of the Early Help Request Form and
- view the history of all your submitted Early Help Request Forms OR
3. Telephone our Early Help Triage Workers on 03000 267 979 (Option 4)
For more information please refer to the Briefing Note which can be found here.
The below are some key guidance documents to assist with this new process.
- Creating a CRM Account for non DCC Professionals
- DCC Staff making an online request for Early Help
- Aide memoir for professionals obtaining agreement from families
- Staff Briefing Note providing more information on Place Based Early Help developments.
The Thresholds Document may also be a useful reference tool. Please email your completed form to email@example.com