Durham SCP and its partner organisations are committed to the continuous learning and development of all staff and volunteers working with children, and young people in County Durham.
Note: all e-learning are either Level 1 or Level 2 courses. Only face to face training is Level 3
Please be aware that it may take a little longer than usual for us to respond to your registrations, we will be trying to respond to all registrations as soon as possible and your patience is appreciated.
To register please go to the Durham SCP E-learning Courses site for self-registration and access to all e-learning courses.
You will be able to view, select and complete a range of e-learning opportunities, such as:
- Safeguarding Children – Levels 1 & 2
- Hidden Harm – Parental Substance Misuse, Parental Mental Ill Health, and Domestic Abuse
- Safeguarding Children with Disabilities
- Child Sexual Exploitation – Level 2
- Information Sharing and Consent – for People Working with Children
- An Introduction to Child Protection Conferences
- Prevent Click Here
- Eyes on the Baby: SUDI (Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy) Prevention County Durham http://www.eyesonthebaby.org.uk
In addition to these e-learning courses, DSCP has a number of recorded briefings which can be accessed through the Durham SCP E-learning Courses link above. These briefings consist of a recorded slideshow or presentation and supporting documents and knowledge checks for each recorded briefing can be accessed on the references and useful links page of the course module.
- Signs of Safety & Durham Harm/Worry Matrix
- Vicarious Trauma Briefing
- Educational Neglect
- Dental Neglect
- Impact of Neglect on Adolescents
- LADO – Local Authority Designated Officer Managing Allegations against Staff who work with Children
- Impact of Coercive Control on Children
- Neglect, Attachment and Brain Development
Please note for Private Organisations and Organisations that are not affiliated with the DSCP there is a £30 charge for the license to access all of the above courses. However, they are free of charge to Partner Agencies and those associated with the Durham Safeguarding Children Partnership including those within the Voluntary and Charitable sector.